Celebrate what we learn from serving others by serving 50 hours this year.
Join our team!
Our thriving, Christ-centered, metro-DC Presbyterian congregation is searching for the person God is calling to be our next Associate Pastor for Care Ministries. This is a full-time, called, installed position on our wonderful team of 4 full-time pastors.
The AP for Care is the lead coordinator of pastoral care for our 1600 member congregation. The role is a balance of:
- providing meaningful, direct pastoral care;
- equipping the congregation to care through our Deacons, Stephen Ministry, Older Adult Ministry, Military Ministry, and other care programs, which are all under the responsibility of the AP for Care;
- empowering our pastors, staff and volunteers to care through highly organized information sharing and case management; and
- leading worship with the other pastors in both our traditional and contemporary services, as well as in funerals and special services.
We are seeking an energetic, relational leader with a huge heart for God’s people of all ages. The AP for Care must be both a planner and a doer. The best fit for NPC will be a pastor who is spiritually mature, theologically sound, and functions well in a complex, large-church culture.
Interested in learning more and discerning with us? You can read the full MIF for this position here. You may apply through the PC(USA) Church Leadership Connection (CLC), or apply directly to the APNC by emailing email@example.com.
Our large, thriving Presbyterian congregation in NW Washington, DC seeks a skilled, energetic, highly organized Communications Director. We are searching for someone to help us communicate the joy we find in the Gospel, the power of community we find in one another, and the information we need to do ministry together.
The Communications Director must be both a planner and a doer, able to manage and implement a broad variety of projects. S/he will need to keep up with daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks, all with a calm, supportive, professional demeanor.
Specifically, this position requires:
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Experience with email marketing tools such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Ability to create compelling content and engage community on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, and use analytics and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite
- Experience with CRM tools or databases; experience with Church Community Builder a plus
This is a full-time position on the management staff that is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Communications Director works full time onsite, reporting directly to the Associate Pastor for Management, and working closely with the Senior Pastor. The standard work week for this position is Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities. You can read the full job description here. We’d be happy to tell you more about the salary and attractive benefits package.
Interested in joining this strong, dedicated team? Please submit a cover letter, resume, and any pertinent links to Rev. Donna Marsh.
National Presbyterian Church is looking for someone with a heart for youth and university ministry. This position will primarily focus on boys’ discipleship and relational ministry with youth, with a secondary role in developing relationships and programs for college-aged students. NPC is a historic and vibrant Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation located in northwest Washington DC, near American University. The Associate for Youth Ministry will work closely with the Director of Youth Ministry to plan and implement the weekly and annual youth programs (Sunday school, small groups, youth group, retreats, special events, etc.), and with the Associate Pastor for Discipleship to develop and launch new programs for college-aged students.
If applicable, NPC will enroll the Associate Youth Director in the Center for Youth Ministry Training Graduate Residency program (cymt.org) which provides a full scholarship for a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry degree and practical coaching.
Flexible scheduling is available, depending on the candidate.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Application Form OR a comprehensive cover letter
List of 3 references
Contact: Kristin Franke
Minimum 15 hours/week
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any samples of your work to email@example.com