There are many ways for you to serve the city! God has called us to proclaim Him as Lord, serve the vulnerable, and build up the church. You can do these every day, and participate in events at National from monthly sandwich making for the homeless to supporting missions as you celebrate Christmas. Check the calendar to see what’s coming up next at National.
- On October 16, have dinner with our local mission partners and find out how to serve DC at Party With Purpose
Ways to Serve Our City
Proclaiming Jesus as Lord
- Encourage and share Jesus with a neighbor
- Join a Young Life team sharing the Good News with high school students in North DC.
- Lead a Bible Study at Unique Learning Center in Shaw.
- Volunteer at Central Union Mission’s Camp Bennett Christian Summer Camp
Serve the Hungry and Under-Housed
- Make sandwiches for the homeless on the second Sunday of every month at 10 a.m. or 12:15 p.m.
- Operate a healthy food market for low income people every fourth Thursday morning in Columbia Heights.
- Mentor a formerly homeless youth with Friendship Place’s Before 30 program
- Donate food for mission partners. Collection baskets are located near the information table outside the main sanctuary, and near the bookstore outside Stone Hall.
- Bring dinner to kids in the Unique Learning Center’s after-school program.
Build Up the Church
- Pray for the people of God in DC
- Be a faithful presence with and pray for God’s wisdom for our mission partners:
Martha’s Table (Food/Education/Clothing)
Central Union Mission (Shelter/Food)
Young Life North DC (Discipleship)
Friendship Place (Housing/Job Placement/Medical Services)
Unique Learning Center (Children and Youth)
DC Habitat (Habitat for Humanity) (Housing)