What to Expect
- NPC is a large church of about 1,500 members, where we strive for everyone to be known and feel at home.
- We have three worship services: traditional services in the Sanctuary at 9 & 11 a.m., and a contemporary service in Jones Hall (the school gym) at 10:50 a.m.
- You’ll find people from all walks of life here, and that means a variety of styles of dress. Many people “dress up,” but no one has to.
- We serve Communion in worship on the first Sunday of every month, and anyone who acknowledges Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior can participate. You don’t have to be Presbyterian or be a member here.
- After each service, many people stay to chat over complimentary coffee and cookies, which are served downstairs in Stone Hall.
- Our sanctuary, chapel, and most classrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities. Large print bulletins and hymnals, and devices to assist the hearing impaired are available just outside of the main sanctuary.
Directions and Parking
NPC is located at the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Van Ness Street, near NBC and American University. We have a large parking lot behind the main church building that is free for our events and services, which you can turn into from Van Ness Street or Nebraska Avenue. (Detailed driving directions.)
If you take the Metro, ride the red line to the Tenleytown stop, and we’re about a 10 minute walk from there. From the Metro stop, walk south on Wisconsin Avenue (that’s toward the Tenleytown Library) and then turn right onto Nebraska Avenue at the circle. We’re just two blocks from the circle.
Click the map to enlarge.
When you know that your children are safe and well cared for, you can relax and concentrate on worship. We have separate, developmentally-specific nurseries staffed by loving, experienced, female caregivers. Parents of infants are given a beeper.
Child care is provided from 8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Look for signs pointing you to the right nursery room. Both nurseries are located on the ground floor of the main church building:
Babies 6 weeks - Crawling
Church Building Room 16
Toddlers and walkers up to 4 yrs.
Church Building Room 7/8
Sunday School for Children and Youth
If you are hoping to nurture a love of God in your children and to give them a strong moral compass, you’ve come to the right place.
Our teachers follow carefully selected curricula that are Biblically based and Christ-centered. Your child will make friends his or her own age, and find a Sunday School class tailored exactly to his or her age -- from birth all the way through high shool.
Classes for adults are offered at the same time, 9:30 a.m.
Joining the Church
If you are interested in becoming a member at National, Pathway to Membership classes are available three times throughout the year.
Four Easy Ways to Connect
Life in a big church is richer and more personal when you meet people. We want to help you find the ways that are right for you to worship, care, grow and serve. All of it adds up to discipleship, which means following Jesus as we journey through the ups and downs of life. To connect at NPC,
- Call our Connections office at 202.537.7494.
- Look in the weekly worship bulletin for activities that interest and challenge you.
- Come downstairs to the fellowship hall (“Stone Hall”) after church and look for the comfy sofas and friendly faces in our Connections Corner.
- Sign up to receive weekly e-mail updates and information.
- Fill out the form below, and our Director of Connections will be in touch to see how we can make you feel at home.