RETURNING TO IN-PERSON WORSHIP
Now in-person and online!
We are now welcoming people to worship in-person at either of our worship services on Sundays. Both the 11:00 am traditional worship service and the 4:45 pm summer contemporary service will be offered online. We are not requiring pre-registration for worship services!
Here’s the plan until Labor Day weekend—you choose!
- 11:00 am Traditional Worship in the sanctuary
This service will remain the same as in previous months with music by a choral ensemble until our choir re-gathers.
- 4:45 pm Summer Evening Contemporary Worship in the sanctuary begins June 13.
This 45-minute service will feature our contemporary band, a shorter sermon, and casual attire. At 5:30 pm, for those who wish to stay, there will be in-person Sunday School for kids (mostly outdoors), a parents’ class, and a weekly bring-your-own outdoor picnic. This service will be offered every Sunday except July 4.
DC has lifted virtually all regulations affecting us, leaving local organizations to choose what’s right to keep one another safe while emerging from the limitations of the pandemic. So:
- We will not be taking your temperature when you arrive, or assign seats, or require vaccination. We will use every other pew, and you will have the choice to sit next to your vaccinated best friends or choose a seat farther from others. Choose the spacing which makes you comfortable. It’s also OK to hug or shake hands if both parties are comfortable – but if someone would rather not, please don’t consider that rude: just say hello!
- We will still require masks indoors and at all times during the worship service for now, since we do not know who is or is not vaccinated. This will help us protect the most precious members of our community—our children. Most children are not eligible to be vaccinated yet, and some are more medically vulnerable than others. Also, offering plates will not be passed.
- We remind you that in-person church is safest for those who are fully vaccinated, and everyone attends at their own risk.
Last but not least, when you come back, you will see that the NPC campus is a huge construction site—now more than ever!! That means there is some fine print:
- Access will be on the sanctuary level only, with no access to or from other floors, and no elevator service. The Nebraska Avenue driveway and porte-cochere (covered) entrance will be open to drop off anyone who does not prefer to walk up from the parking lot.
- There will be no Fellowship time, beverages, or refreshments, in large part because there is no safe drinking water in the main church during construction. You may bring a water bottle into the sanctuary. As construction progresses this may change, but we expect to be back to full fellowship by Labor Day.
We are rejoicing with you and rejoicing in God’s providence over these long months!