Sunday, April 18, 2021
Join us for Sunday School and more!
Children's Sunday School
Our Sunday school program is currently completely virtual. We are hosting 4 classes each Sunday online.
Youth Sunday School
- Virtual Sunday School: Sundays, 9:30 am
- Virtual Book Club: Tuesdays, 7:00 pm
- Special In-person events and leadership for Club 45
Adult Sunday School
Please click here to see our line-up of classes and how to join.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Since Lunch-n-Learn isn't a possibility until we are able to return to in-person activities, we have a new way to stay connected with our mission partner activities: Mission Meet-ups! Grab your lunch and listen along, using the Zoom link provided below.
Our next Mission Meet-up will be Doug Gotcher, President of European Christian Mission, International, (ECMI-USA) as he presents the strategic work of ECMI, an international, interdenominational network with the shared passion to see Europe changed by Jesus’ love.
ECMI’s network includes
- full-time or part-time people working cross-culturally,
- national local partners serving in their own nations,
- coaches, mentors, trainers and pastors who provide support and counsel to grow the spiritual and personal health of everyone in ECMI and
- volunteers who give their time for short-term projects, fundraising and administrative tasks.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting ID: 864 1354 4108; Passcode: 817434; Phone in 301-715-8592
Monday, April 19, 2021
Adult Fellowship Broadcast
Please join online us on Monday, April 19 at 1:00 pm for our next Adult Fellowship Broadcast. Peter A. Byrd, Co-Chairman of our History and Archives Committee and a former tour guide at the US Capitol. He will share many stories of his history of the nation’s Capitol in a presentation titled My 25 years at the US Capitol.
Please click below to access the presentation at 1:00 pm on April 19.
Upcoming 2021 Adult Fellowship Speakers
- May 17: Diane Stewart, Architect and Director of Facilities, Capital Construction Progress Report
- Jun 21: Reverend Todd Sutton, Chaplain at National Presbyterian School, My life in Ministry and working with Youngsters
- Sept 20: Dr. Catherine M. Millard, President of Christian Heritage Ministries, Religion and the Nation’s Capital
- Oct18: Dr. Kathleen R. Arveson, Senior Lecturer at Regent University
- Nov 15: Dr. David J. Silverman, Author, Professor at George Washington University, his book: This Land is their Land: The Wampanoag Indians, Plymouth Colony and the Troubled History of Thanksgiving
- Dec 20: Army Chorus, The Christmas Holiday in Music
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
The Apostle Paul wrote his first letter to the Corinthians to answer many questions on "how shall we live?" Join us Wednesdays at 7:00 pm as Dr. Renwick teaches through this impactful letter. If you have questions, this is a great place to look for answers!
Thursday, April 22, 2021
12:00PM to 12:30PM
Our mission partners’ number one request is for us to pray for them. You can make a significant difference in their lives and work by joining us Thursday, April 22, 12:00–12:30 pm, for 30 minutes of guided prayer for our international partners. Please click here for a guide to help you pray for our missionairies. There will be additional requests listed on the Zoom Gathering. Join us using the information below.
Zoom connection information:
Meeting ID: 895 2770 0287
Sunday, April 25, 2021
2:00PM to 3:30PM
For at-risk men, women, and families, health and toiletry items become something of a luxury. You can help us provide a special gift by collecting some of these items for Central Union Mission to distribute to those in need.
Please place your donations in a gift box or gift bag and bring it to our drive-through collection on Sunday, April 25, 2:00—3:30 pm. Our goal is 300 gift bags/gift boxes.
Here is a list of suggested items for donation. (list for download/print)
- adhesive bandages
- cotton balls
- cotton swabs
- facial tissues
- hand/body lotion
- petroleum jelly
- body wash
- hand soap
- shower cap
- nail clippers
- note of encouragement/Scripture
- drawing by a child
Gift cards are always welcome and wll be collected separately.
Please contact Susan O'Banion at email@example.com or (202) 537-7503 with questions.
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Men are invited to join us the first Saturday of every month for our men's gathering. Please email Kristi Teems at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If the Saturday is a holiday, the Men's Monthly Online Gathering moves to the second Saturday.
Monday, June 28, 2021
9:00AM to 12:00PM
Save the date! NPC will be hosting Vacation Bible School June 28 - July 2, 2021. We will be outdoors on the NPC Campus. Due to space constraints and social-distancing requirements, we are only able to accept campers from the NPC and NPS community. Join us for this fun, faith-filled adventure! Please contact Melanie Lenhard at email@example.com with questions.