Thursday, November 26, 2020
9:00AM to 11:00AM
You are invited to celebrate your blessings by giving to others! Please bring your food donations by on Nov 26, Thanksgiving Day, 9:00-11:00 am, as we help Central Union Mission through a contact-less drive-through Food Drive.
You may place your items in bags in your trunk, and volunteers will safely collect your donation.
If you need food, you may pick up 10:00-11:00 am.
Afterwards, you are invited to join us online for a family-friendly worship service on our Worship Live page at 11:30 am.
Winter Warmth Clothing
- winter coats (new or gently used)
- winter boots (new or gently used)
- thick socks (new)
- long underwear (new)
- canned spaghetti sauce (no glass please)
- canned tuna
- canned meats
- peanut butter
- canned soups
- canned beans
- dried beans
- toilet paper
- facial tissues
- paper towels
- cooking oil
- grocery store gift cards in any amount
Sunday, November 29, 2020
Join us for Sunday School and more!
Children's Sunday School
This fall our Sunday school program will be completely virtual. We are planning to host 4 classes each Sunday online.
Youth Sunday School
- Virtual Sunday School: Sundays, 9:30 am, beginning September 13
- Virtual Book Club: Tuesdays, 7:00 pm, beginning September 15
- In-person Youth Group: Sundays, 5:00-6:00 pm, beginning September 13
- Special In-person events and leadership for Club 45
Adult Sunday School
This fall four classes will meet online via the Zoom platform, beginning at 9:30 am and ending between 10:30 and 10:45, in time for livestream worship from our Sanctuary at 11:00 am.
CLICK HERE to read the Adult Sunday School class descriptions and to sign up! or for more information please contact email@example.com.
Sunday, November 29, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Men are invited to join us the first Saturday of every month for our men's gathering.
Dr. Quinn Fox, Associate Pastor for Discipleship, will share some reflections on the unique situation in which we find ourselves this particular Advent season followed by a time of sharing and conversation about our lives in Christ as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Please join us via Zoom on December 5, 8:30 to 9:30 am. Please email Kristi Teems at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If the Saturday is a holiday, the Men's Breakfast moves to the second Saturday.
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Living Nativity: Now registering for volunteers
Be a part of bringing an outdoor nativity to life on Saturday, December 19! We are in need of setup and decoration volunteers, check in and traffic directors, carol leaders, and hosts to guide participants through scenes depicting the Christmas story. Sign up below or contact Kristin Franke (email@example.com).
Participant registration starts December 1!
Join us December 19, 5:00-7:00 pm for a live nativity! Beginning with the prophecy of Isaiah and ending at the manger with the Magi, we will recall the memorable story of our Lord’s humble birth through Scripture and song. Walk through multiple scenes depicting the transforming journey to the manger. Offer gifts at the manger in the form of non-perishable food items (no glass!) for Central Union Mission. Bring a friend, but please leave pets at home. Face masks must be worn and reservations are required.
- 5:00-5:30 pm: drive through only for people with mobility issues (registration required)
- 5:30-7:00 pm: walking tour (registration required)
- Please enter through the Van Ness Street entrance and check in at the tent.
- Rain date: December 20, 5:00-7:00 pm
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Born for Us: Our Coming Savior in Handel’s Messiah
A Rebroadcast of the December 2019 Concert of
The National Presbyterian Church Festival Choir and Orchestra
Monday, December 21, 2020
(Online) US Army Chorus Christmas Concert: Christmastide in Washington
Watch and listen to delightful Christmas music brought to you by talented members of the Army Chorus, broadcast on our Adult Fellowship broadcast page from the NPC Sanctuary. The music will be a festive mix of traditional and sacred Christmas music.
Thursday, December 24, 2020
We will have two broadcasts - join us at 3:00 pm or at 5:00 pm!
This special Christmas Eve broadcast will engage children and families alike in the story of Jesus' birth. As you watch this service, you will have the option of singing aloud well-known Christmas songs and joining in the lighting of your own candles at home as your follow the story of the Savior’s birth with our Children’s Director, Cate McCrory, and Pastors Katie Francis and Quinn Fox. Join us on our Worship Live page!
This wonderful event is suitable to watch or you can participate! If you'd like to participate, here's what you'll need to assemble ahead of time:
- An Advent Wreath with four candles and Christ Candle set out on a table or surface that is safe and convenient for all who will light candles.
- A taper candle or lighter for lighting candles
- "Candle-lighting" candles for singing Silent Night together at the end of the service (these may be ordered online, or picked up at the conclusion to the “Journey to Bethlehem” on December 19th at NPC)
Here are some addition optional resources:
- Additional votive candles (especially if you have multiple children who are capable of lighting and/or extinguishing candles)
- A candle snuffer
- A printout of the order of service if that would help in the singing of the songs