Wherever you are in your journey of faith, we are here for you.
Our prayer is that you will find a spiritual home here—a home where the love and presence of Jesus Christ are experienced as we gather in community to worship God.
9:00 a.m. | Sanctuary
Traditional service with music by soloists and ensembles including children’s and youth choirs, and the chancel choir once per month. With the sermon at the end of the service, children and youth can share in the liturgy before leaving for Sunday School.
11:00 a.m. | Jones Hall
Contemporary service in the school gym led by a pastor and a praise band. The songs and instruments are different from the sanctuary, but the sermon (recorded at the 9 a.m. service and played on the big screen) is the same, and the liturgy is similar.
11:00 a.m. | Sanctuary
Our largest service, a beautiful traditional service including music from our remarkable choir and organ.
What to Expect
- NPC has a weekly attendance of about 700; we strive for each person to be known and feel at home here.
- Communion is served in worship on the first Sunday of every month.
- The Sanctuary, Chapel, and most classrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities. Large print bulletins and hymnals, and devices to assist the hearing impaired are available for use in the Sanctuary.
We love kids in worship! Pick up “Worshiper in Training” bag outside the Sanctuary for fun things to help children engage in the service.
The worship service is livestreamed in the Chapel, just down the hall from the Sanctuary, if you need a place to move around but still see the service.
When you know that your children are safe and well cared for, you can relax and concentrate on worship. We have separate, developmentally-specific nurseries staffed by loving, experienced, caregivers.
Child care is provided from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Both nurseries are located on the ground floor of the main church building:
Crib Room: Babies 6 weeks - Crawling
Church Building Room 16
Walker Room: Toddlers and walkers up to 4 yrs.
Church Building Room 7/8
At National, we are committed to equipping you to be the primary disciple-makers of your children. We seek to partner, nurture, and encourage you so that you and your children may be brought to full maturity in Jesus Christ. There are several ways to connect with other parents throughout the year, through parent seminars, small groups and events.
Directions and Parking
National is located at the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Van Ness Street, near NBC and American University. We have a large parking lot behind the main church building that is free for our worship and events, which you can turn into from Van Ness Street or Nebraska Avenue.
If you take the Metro, ride the red line to the Tenleytown stop, and we’re about a 10-minute walk from there. From the Metro stop, walk south on Wisconsin Avenue and then turn right onto Nebraska Avenue at the circle. We’re just two blocks from the circle.
Whatever your background, we invite you to experience worship, grow in your faith, find caring community, and serve those in need in our city and the world. It all adds up to discipleship, which means following Jesus as we journey through life.
Get started on your journey of discipleship at National Presbyterian Church by taking the following steps:
- Come for worship on Sunday mornings. There is childcare and programming for all ages, and our Pew Crew (wearing blue badges) would love to welcome you!
- Sign up for weekly email updates about what's happening on Sundays, and how you can get connected to the life of the church. If you have kids or teens, contact our Childrens Director or Youth Director to receive weekly emails about activities for them.
- Let us know how we can make you feel at home at National.
Get connected to the people, programs, and resources that can take your spiritual journey to the next level. Here are a few easy steps to take now:
- Mark your calendar. Find an event that interests and challenges you.
- Join a small group. Find friendship, grow spiritually, be cared for and serve one another in a small group.
- Take part in a class. Study and grow in the knowledge, application, and love of God’s Word in a weekly or monthly class.
- Follow National on Facebook and Instagram for updates, event photos, and sneak peeks at what’s ahead. Don’t forget to share your photos and tag us or use #nationalpres
Get involved in service opportunities, grow spiritually, and give back to your church and the community:
- Engage in service. Learn about our local and international mission partners and discover ways in which you can support them in prayer and service.
- Make ministry happen. Volunteer in ministry within the church or mission out in our city and beyond or provide leadership on a council or committee.
- Support the future of National. Your one time or recurring giving makes a difference!
- Consider membership at National. Pathway to Membership classes are available three times throughout the year.